Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2015

About this blog

I would like to share recipes on different ways to enjoy chicken. I decided to choose chicken because I have realized I’m stuck in this routine when it comes to eating chicken and the same several recipes has become boring. There’s tons of recipes online and in cook books and of course I can seem to remember or memorized a handful of them. I like chicken, and it goes great with lots of different food. 
Chicken Marsala over noodles
One of my favorite chicken recipes is Chicken Marsala. When I make this recipe I use noodles instead of potatoes. If you go to an Italian restaurant and order this dish its usually served with mashed potatoes. I personally feel this dish goes better with noodles. But, I'm Italian and my grandmother has always told me when I was little noodles was one thing I had to eat with any dinner meal so it makes sense to me on my preference. Believe it or not, this recipe can be a slow cooker recipe. I have not tried this, I'm kind of nervous to try it because I am so used to making it on the stove top and Im not sure if there would be a taste difference.

As for my picky daughter. She will eat this meal but not mushrooms. If someone from the future came to me and told me not to worry she will grow out of being such a eater or she eats this at 30 and eats the mushrooms I wouldn't believe even a picture. I do hope that she does grow out of it. My other experience with picky eaters is my youngest brother. He was such a picky eater as a child I'm honestly surprised he's 6'1 and is still a picky eater. He's not as bad as he was when he was younger but it's still surprising what he doesn't eat.

Like many I have a full time job and two daughters, time is limited but we all have to eat. However, of my two daughters, my youngest refuses to eat meat that isn’t chicken. I do not consider myself an expert at cooking. The 35-40 minute quick or cheap meals are ideal but slower cooker meals are wonderful and lovely too. I would like for my readers to give any kind of helpful feedback whether it’s recommendations, changes you’ve made and liked or disliked, tips or ideas. I hope to receive different recipes, advice from parents or family members of picky eaters, former/current picky eaters, and any advice is appreciated.

5 comments:

  1. I like how you introduced the topic, why you picked it and what you plan on talking about in the future. Chicken is a very universal entree' so I'm quite excited to see the different ways in which it can be prepared. I would like to suggest a background that coincides with the theme of the blog. Maybe you can find chicken backgrounds online. Other than that, I look forward to continue reading this blog and hopefully trying a few of the recipes I see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to your blog throughout the semester because of how much can be done with chicken. It is a wonderful idea for you to think about picky eaters when considering recipes throughout your time blogging since many of us are surrounded by them. Recommendations are always a good idea because so many people do add their own touch to recipes that can be considered more "general". Chicken is really so versatile yet we all fall into the basic recipe routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am guilty of falling into the basic recipe routine. The few good reasons I do it are one my picky eating daughter and I've pretty much memorized the recipes, however I do add some changes each time.

      Delete
  3. I really look forward to reading your blog posts throughout this semester. I am someone who really loves to cook out on the grill during the summer and one of my favorite dishes to prepare is some variety of chicken recipe. Most recently however i have become bored with the same old recipes and would really enjoy learning some new methods when it comes to cooking this very common, yet dynamic entree. It would also be very interesting to learn about different side items that can be prepared alongside chicken to help complement the meal even further.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy the idea of your block. I am currently working at Hacienda and all I do is cook chicken. I love cooking, which is why I look for occupations where I can do just that, but I haven't been able to bring it home with me. The things I do at work are remedial, and the ingredients i use are already prepared. I would like to learn new ways in which I can cook at home, and starting with chicken recipes seems like the prime starting place, seeing as how I can cook chicken with my eyes closed.

    ReplyDelete